About Kosherlat Jewish travel

Kosherlat Jewish travel is  company  based in Argentina specialized in the development of tailor-made Jewish/kosher travel programs in Argentina for congregations, women, individuals and high-schools.

Kosherlat Jewish travel was established in 2007.

We proudly provide services for the most important travel agencies around the world.

About Valeria Duek, founder of Kosherlat

“Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you” – Jean Paul Sartre

I was born, raised and educated in Buenos Aires.

Regarding my Jewish education, I attended the elementary school Bet-El, which belongs to the congregation of the same name, founded by the Rabbi Marshall Meyer, who also created the Seminario Rabínico Latinoamericano, where I continued my Judaic studies at the Solomon Shechter Institute.

After studying at the University of Tel Aviv for a year, I came back to Argentina where I graduated as a Psychologist from the University of Buenos Aires.

After years of working in Human Resources departments of several multinational companies I felt the need to do something that fully represented who I am: deeply in love with Argentina and passionate about my Judaism.

My great-grandparents arrived from Syria over one-hundred years ago. My family history and my passion for showing that which I love, led me to found Kosherlat, the only company in Argentina which provides a complete Jewish travel experience.

We excel at bringing our guests close to the local community by creating experiences that allow them to interact with Argentines and thereby get the authentic flavor of the local culture, both Jewish and non-Jewish.

The visitors should not be misled only seeing my face in the communication, organization and even in the leading of the trip. As any Sephardic Jew, I have a cousin for every need and can rely on them to help me offer you the best service.

On a personal note, I would like to thank my beloved parents for providing me with the finest education; my teachers who taught me to think for myself regardless of the circumstances, which was not an easy task considering that I grew up during a dictatorship; and Kosherlat’s guests, who challenge me every day, allowing me to discover that there is always something new to learn and to show.

Last but not least, I would like to thank my husband, who always encouraged me to pursue this dream, and who came up with the idea of calling it Kosherlat: Kosher, as something undoubtedly linked to Judaism and Lat, honoring the Latin Heritage of Argentina, home to the largest Jewry of South America.

Kosherlat: Jewish travel in Argentina Trips to warm your soul.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Valeria Duek
valeriad@kosherlat.com
KosherLat Jewish travel in Argentina